About Me

My photo
Chay Ross, Artist, was born and raised in the surrounding areas of South Bay and Los Angeles California. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Arts Education from California State University, Los Angeles, which allowed her to train and study interdisciplinary areas within the arts and education profession. To advance her academic discipline, she went on to earn her Masters of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) and single-subject teacher certification in Visual Arts. In her spare time, she likes to do arts & crafts. She also likes to watch YouTube videos to learn various new skills.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

GRAPHIC ARTIST vs.TYPOGRAPHER

Ever wonder what it actually means to be a graphic designer or a typographer? Is it possible to do one without doing the other? Is it possible to actually be a GOOD designer without being good at both? Are they the same? Does it even matter? These are just some of the questions I asked myself in the beginning of my academic year. I still don't have a clear answer. Does anyone have the answer or an opinion?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you know what I think. To be a capable designer you must be a capable typographer. Some find that they want to specialize in typography, or type design, or even lettering.

    ReplyDelete